A truly inspiring video about travel and making it count. Whether you’re doing something crazy-awesome like this, or just exploring your own town, we think Geospike is the perfect app for capturing it all.
We have a big update in store for you today for Geospike iOS. Here are some of the improvements:
- Faster first spike – less delay between you hitting the ‘new spike’ button, and the camera appearing (props to @spiffeah for insisting we improve this)
- Faster photo saving – no more waiting for your photos to save, now they save almost as fast as you can add them
- Better background processing – if you hit the home screen, your photos will continue to save
- More responsive photo viewer – when you view a photo in the photo viewer it will now start downloading immediately. We also added a progress bar so you know what’s happening.
- Autosave – if you’re creating a spike, and the app is forced to close (e.g. your battery goes flat, iOS kills it, or through programmer error), your draft will be recovered when you next open the app.
Oh, and we added the ability for you to ‘Like’ spikes, which both tells the author of your feelings, and means you can easily find the spike again later (a bit like a bookmark).
So this update makes Geospike faster, strong and better than ever before. We think you’ll like it too!
@divzero & @Paludis (Team Geospike, iOS Division).